FAA Information

You must apply for a Certificate of Aircraft Registration from the Civil Aviation Registry before it may be operated. Do not depend on a bank, loan company, aircraft dealer, or anyone else to submit the application for registration. Do it yourself (in the name of the owner, not in the name of the bank or other mortgage holder).

If you would like us to prepare the documents for your FAA registration Form 8050-1 our fee is $215.00. Click here and select Other Services Not listed.

You can help make sure your aircraft is properly registered by verifying that the aircraft description entered on the Aircraft Registration Application and Aircraft Bill of Sale (or equivalent) is identical to the data inscribed on the aircraft manufacturer's data plate. The data plate is permanently affixed to the aircraft fuselage by the manufacturer. This quick and simple check should help avoid delays in the issuance of the AC Form 8050-3, Certificate of Aircraft Registration.

Aircraft Previously Registered in the United States

You should immediately submit evidence of ownership, an Aircraft Registration Application, and a $5 registration fee to the Federal Aviation Administration, Civil Aviation Registry, AFS-750, Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, P.O. Box 25504, Oklahoma City, OK 73125. Fees required for aircraft registration may be paid by check or money order made payable to the Treasury of the United States.

A bill of sale form that meets the FAA's requirements for evidence of ownership is AC Form 8050-2, Aircraft Bill of Sale, which may be obtained from the nearest FSDO. The form includes an information and instruction sheet. If a conditional sales contract is the evidence of ownership, an additional $5 fee is required for recording. For FAA registration, the bill of sale need not be notarized. (Refer to figure 1)


1997 - global-inter.net - All rights reserved. All trademarks are owned by the respective company